Vacancy – Editor in Chief
For the past 10 years Padpilot has driven a sea change in the quality of educational materials for aspiring airline pilots.
Our digital ATPL(A) books are currently used in 63 countries around the world, by Approved Training Organisations and by individuals, and downloads now total more than 145,000.
As demand for our interactive manuals continues to rise, we are looking to recruit an exceptional Editor in Chief to manage the Padpilot ATPL and PPL series of books.
The role is full time, based at our Gloucester office, and involves:
- Commissioning new content, when appropriate, from subject matter experts.
- Writing new content, when appropriate, across a broad range of ATPL subjects.
- Editing content for style, grammar, ease of reading, teaching flow, technical accuracy and relevance.
- Keeping abreast of technical and operational developments in commercial aviation.
- Conceiving and commissioning illustrations and animations to accompany and enhance the text.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an exceptionally high standard of fluency and competence in spoken and written English.
- Possess a very high level of self-discipline, attention to detail, thoroughness and perfectionism.
- Hold, or have held, an ATPL.
- Have at least 1500 hours professional operational experience.
- Have a broad grasp of the entire range of ATPL subjects.
- Have a strong, instinctive passion for education.
- Be a self-motivator, able to work to the highest standards without supervision.
- Have strong team leadership skills.
- Be highly computer-literate.
Starting salary is £50k to £60k dependent on experience and qualifications.
If this sounds like you, please email a comprehensive CV and 100 word statement explaining why you are best suited for the position to Graham Cownie at firstname.lastname@example.org, using ‘EIC Application’ as the email subject heading.